Surprise! The press is hot here at whitecoat2whitedress, so we’ve got another blog post coming at you… BUT you really do have to act fast as this offer ends on November 30, 2017! Southwest Airlines has given Californians another reason to love our state! Historically, Southwest has run occasional promotions within targeted markets such as Denver and Phoenix. This time, they are offering California residents a companion pass for all of 2018 if you open a Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card (via Chase Bank) and make one purchase. So as the title of this post suggests, you can grab a cup of coffee (or really, anything) and qualify!
Personally, the Southwest Companion Pass has been an amazing strategy to traveling on a budget. My husband and I have used this for 23 flights this past year alone. You can imagine how quickly the savings add up! We’ve definitely taken advantage of this and have ventured off to New York City, Las Vegas, Portland, Denver, Charleston, Seattle, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Boston, and Chicago etc. Granted, your “free” designated companion is still responsible for the taxes for each flight, which typically comes to $5.60 for each domestic flight. Once you are approved for your Companion Pass, you do have to designate one person to be your awesome travel buddy for the year.
Also, you can earn 40,000 Rapid Rewards points after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months of opening your account. And yes, you can use these points to book travel! Otherwise, you can earn 2 points per dollar spent on Southwest purchases and Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases. All other purchases will earn you 1 point per dollar. *NOTE: The annual fee of $99 for the personal Rapid Rewards Cards (Plus or Premier) does not count towards the initial $1000 spend. Also, for business owners, there is the Premier Business card offering 60,000 points after spending $3000 (see Chase’s website for more details).
Normally, you need 110,000 Rapid Rewards points or 100 flights in a single calendar year to qualify for this Companion Pass, so this offer is worthwhile to take advantage of.
For more details regarding the pricing and terms of this offer, visit the Chase website here:
Theres are several conditions for qualifying for this offer, including but not limited to:
- This product is not available to either (i) current card members of any Rapid Rewards Credit Card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new cardmember bonus for a Rapid Rewards Credit Card within the last 24 months.
- Only the individual who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable.
- To qualify for this offer, (a) Individual must have a valid California address as evidenced by their application for the Rapid Rewards Credit Card, (b) Individual must open a Rapid Rewards Credit Card by November 30, 2017 and (c) allow up to eight weeks for Companion Pass to be fulfilled after making first purchase.
- The first purchase does not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee.
- Please allow up to 15 business days after qualifying for promotional Companion Pass to receive your notification to designate your Companion.
So where would you go with your companion pass?!
Editorial Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.