As Coco Chanel once said, “If you’re sad, add more lipstick and attack.” Well, if you’re sad, happy, tired, excited, or anywhere in between… how about some FREE lipstick? To celebrate tomorrow’s National Lipstick Day, several beauty brands and retailers are offering promotional sales on this iconic makeup bag mainstay.
Did you know that Huda Kattan actually owns this holiday? She purchased the rights to National Lipstick Day in 2016 as a way to promote the launch of Huda Beauty’s Liquid Matte Lipsticks. By tradition, Huda Beauty will be releasing their Demi Mattes this year.
Other notable beauty brands are also offering deals on their lip products:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Buy one, get one free Liquid Lipstick, Lip Gloss, or Matte Lipstick.
- bareMinerals – Purchase 3 full size Matte Liquid Lipsticks for $15 with any online purchase. Just add this bundle to your cart in addition to any other bareMinerals product.
- ColourPop – 40% off all Liquid Lips
- Kat Von D – Everlasting Glimmer Veil Liquid Lipsticks are currently 2 for $30. You can also receive a free mini Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick in Double Dare with any purchase using the code LIPSTICKDAY
- Too Faced (via Ulta) – Buy one, get one free Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Lipstick, Natural Nudes Intense Color Coconut Butter Lipstick, Melted Matte-Tallic Liquified Lipstick, Sweet Peach Creamy Lip Oil, Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick, La Creme Mystical Effects Lipstick, Lip Insurance Lip Primer, Magic Crystal Lip Topper, Melted Chocolate Liquified Long Wear Lipstick, or Melted Latex Liquified High Shine Lipstick
- NOTE: You can also stack the Too Faced deals with this gift with purchase. Receive a free mini Matrix New Biolage Advance Oil Renew Shampoo and Conditioner with a $30 online purchase. Just use the links to add these items to your bag, and the price will reduce to free automatically once the spend requirement has been met.
However, another beauty power house has taken over the holiday by giving away FREE lipstick! Come to any MAC store or counter to receive a complimentary full-size lipstick (retail value: $18.50). This year, shoppers can select from 9 shades: Aloof, Chintz, Dare You, Delish, Epic, Florabundi, Moxie, Mixed Media, and Tanarama. Temptalia is one of my favorite sites for makeup swatches, and she recently posted pictures of eight of the shades to compare. Keep in mind that the selection may vary by store and the promotion runs until supplies last. Last year, my local Macy’s allowed each person to select their shade while my local Nordstrom handed them out randomly out of a bag. You really just have to try your luck, but who can complain about free lippies?!
Check out my pictures and stories on my instagram @whitecoat2whitedress tomorrow as I brave the crowds at MAC. In the meantime, what lippies would you be interested in grabbing?